Come this Monday I will be a full-time grad-student/ teaching-assistant, and my days of random-careless-lengthy blogging will be limited to one blog a month, or perhaps less (I must do my best to continue blogging); I’m trying not to be overwhelmed by everything I have to prepare for the classes that I’m teaching as well as the classes that I’m taking…
I’m sitting in my room with my best companions (Rambo & Drogo), surrounded by all the textbooks I had to get for this term and the notes I have already started taking, when I remembered that a few days ago one of my new neighbors and one of my favorite reads https://wordscoffeeandlacedresses.wordpress.com/ had nominated me to the Brotherhood of the World Award… I cannot begging to express my surprise and gratitude to have been nominated, thank you so much lovely, I am truly honored!!!
Now to complete the nomination and spread the writing-love! As I did some research on what this award is I came across five steps that must be completed so, without further delay, here they are:
Award step 1) Acknowledge the nomination, in other words, say thank; which I did above…
Award step 2) Display of badge of Brotherhood of the World… I like it’s bright-book-colors 🙂
Award step 3) Answer a short questionnaire provided by the fellow blogger that nominated you…
- Where do you do most of your writing and does it help to keep you focused? I write where ever I can, usually it requires a nice relaxing environment at a café, or something similar. Writing to me is not a matter of being focused, rather it’s an outlet. As long as I am comfortable and I can get passed the first “hurtle” of “how should I start”, my writing takes a life of it’s own and it shapes up to whatever comes out..
- Do you play music or prefer silence when writing? Life without music, to me, is analogous to a canvas without painting (as corny as it sounds), so yes, I often listen to music. My preferences depend on the activity I’m doing, for writing and studying, I usually listen to indie classical music, Phillip Glass, anything instrumental without lyrics…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtQpSGyPCBE Mad Rush by Phillip Glass (one of my favorites)
- How has blogging benefited you, in terms of personal growth? The mind, just like any muscle, can be strengthened if used… When I blog, I view reality in a different way, time is frozen within my thoughts and I am able to analyze them better; by doing so, I am able to understand my self better…
- What is your favorite book? I wouldn’t say I have one favorite book, I like reading too much to limit my taste to a specific genre, let alone a single book… But if I had to choose one, I would say Como Agua para Chocolate (Like water for Chocolate) by Laura Esquivel. It was the first book that I read as a teenager (I’ve been reading since I was five) and it completely reeled me into the literary world; it’s more of a sentimental choice, I suppose…
- What do you do, when you need to de-stress? Jajajajaja, well I enjoy blogging for one (I have mentioned this often, I feel like a broken record), but when writing doesn’t cut it, I like to go for a jog, or the gym…. Spending time with my doggies makes me immensely happy.
Award step 4) Nominate fellow bloggers 🙂
Award step 5) Create a questionnaire for your nominees
- What prompted you to start blogging?
- We all have different purposes for our blogs, how did you find yours?
- What country would you travel to, why?
- What helps you get inspired to write?
- What other hobbies do you have?
Thank you once again for the nomination 🙂
As my last words for this blog, I say my goodbyes to my fellow bloggers (a dramatic end), as a full time student I won’t have as much time to blog… I will try to keep my mind stable and my thoughts organized…and over all I will try not to lose my shit….
Until my next blog 🙂